So addictive, you’ll almost feel like you’re eating junk food, but a lot less guilty about it. This recipe was inspired by a glut of farmshare sweet potatoes and Martha Rose Shulman’s recipe for Oven Fries in the New York Times.
You can also use a mix of sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2-4, as a side dish
2 lbs sweet potatoes, or a mix of sweet potatoes and waxy white potatoes
1 T dried rosemary, or more fresh rosemary
2 t smoked paprika
Coarse salt or kosher salt to taste
3 T EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees,
2. Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with foil, shiny side up and place in the oven during preheaating. This step is important to speed the cooking, and also because sweet potatoes can be really tough to clean up.
3. Cut the potatoes into wedges that are 1/4-1/2″ thick.
4. Toss potatoes with EVOO, rosemary, paprika, and salt.
5. Remove the hot pan from the oven and add the potatoes in a single layer. They will sizzle.
6. Return pan to oven, lower heat to 450 degrees, and roast 25 minutes or until tender.
7. If necessary, loosen the potatoes with a spatula and roast for another 5 minutes.
8. Taste (carefully) to adjust seasoning. Serve immediately, or hold in a 200 degree oven for 30 minutes before serving.